Friday, January 2, 2009

BrewCast with Barking Beagle Sunday, January 4th 2pm EST!

Tune for a BrewCast as I brew my Twisted Oak IPA, a malt-forward English IPA featuring Challenger hops.  

EDIT: In case the hyperlink doesn't function properly, the address is www.mogulus.com/barkingbeaglebrewing

The recipe:

Fermentables:
12 lbs Maris Otter
8 oz Crystal 60L
2 oz chocolate malt

Hops:
1.25 oz 7.1% AA Challenger first-wort hopped.
.5 oz 7.1% AA Challenger @ 60 minutes

Yeast: Burton Ale (WLP023)

7 comments:

  1. Bad link bro. Delete the Blogger URL and leave the Mogulus one.

    I'll tune in from work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be brewing on the 4th as well, but don't want to muck around with a webcam. Thanks for the follow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I missed the brewcast. Do you have them archived or have I basically missed my chance? I also brewed my first all grain batch ever on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ben,

    I've not tried recording and archiving a brewcast yet, so I'm afraid you missed this one. Congrats on the first AG! What did you brew?

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Belgian Pale Ale (you can see the details on my blog). I'll have to make sure I don't miss the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The recipe looks like a good one. You'll have to let me know how the dry yeast works- I don't know that you'll get all the esters and phenolics that are so important to the flavor profile of Belgian beers.

    ReplyDelete